Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Russia Dream~

Welcome back to reality once again..

I am back from my Russia Trip.. A trip of the "Beginning of Trust" where a place you can trust all the people around you. Everyone is so friendly and nice. It's like a dream that i won't to wake up from. :(

I get to stay in a cottage of a villager who happens to be the village doctor.. She is very nice to us, cook supper for us every night and treat us just like her daughter.


One of the most emotional part of this journey in Russia is when we take the train back to Moscow. The campers make the effort to come to the train station to send us off. When the train is leaving the station, they ran and continued to wave to us until they can no longer ran or till the end of the station. Having the thought that i will never see them again in one whole group, my tears just flow down my eyes.



Language was a huge barrier in the first place. Body language is still the best tool!! hahahaha.. Cos i was lost in the train, i forgotten which cabin i came out from and the ticket was not with me at that moment. Luckily, the train conductor is very nice because she recognise me as a foreigner. She bring me back to my cabin.

I guess i will never get this experience anywhere else except there.. A police car is always around in the premises of the camp. When we leave to another destination, the police car will be in front of the buses.. And the best thing is when the night falls, there is no road lights in the village that we stayed. For our safety, they asked the policeman driving their police car to send us back.. It's way too cool!!! hahahaha..

And i trekked up and down a village with a total distance of 16km!!! Longest distance since i walk in years in a day!! So proud of myself!! Can you believe it?? I walked 16km!!! But of course, i do complaint a little.. hee hee..

And another thing that i manage to overcome is that i am not longer afraid of dogs as i used to be.. I even touch and play with them.. Bring it on!! I even played with a Husky!! OMG!! I am Winner!! hahaha..


Great experience i had in Russia, i will love to go back for next year's camp on "Way to Love"..

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails